Wednesday, June 21, 2006

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT?

I'm sure you have heard this before. Or maybe you heard something like it. For instance 'You can do anything you set your mind to' or 'You can be anything you want to be' . Sometimes it comes out differently. 'If you study hard you can be anything'. 'If you work hard enough at it you can do anything'. Who came up with this 'stuff'. What are we telling ourselves. What are we telling our children? Can you be anything you want to be? If you work hard enough can you do anything you want to? Can you fly? Can you lift twice your weight? Can you change your eye colour? Your height? I can't. I can not be anything I want to be. I can not do anything I want to do. I have always wanted to be a tall, graceful woman. I am 5'1 and though I try I really am not graceful. I have always wanted to paint or draw what I see. But it is not in me to do it. My children will not be able to do anything they want to, they will never be what they were never meant to be and neither will I. I believe my job is to help my kids see who God has made them to be. My job is also to help the people around me see who they are meant to be. I think I can do this by being full of God's grace. Maybe this way I will be graceful and maybe a bit taller too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home